Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing #21. Google’s not just for searching anymore

Google Calendar

I think that I can use the Google Calendar on a blog page or website that I create for parent communications. I’m not sure if many of the parents of my students have computers or internet. I’m sure I could also generate printed copies from anything I create. Those parents who have access to the internet can see it there. Everyone also gets a printed copy. Great Plan!

This may also be a good tool for tracking behavior of my students. Each student has a calendar and keeps a record of their behavior each day on the calendar. I can also track their behaviors using the Google Calendar.

Google Earth
This is so interesting, I could explore the world using this tool. I went to several different locations and watched a National Geographic video clips. One place I visited and viewed a video clip was the Antarctica. COOL!!!

I think I’ll have students explore the continents. They can find locations around the world using Google Earth and learn about the land, the people, the culture, whatever they find. Then groups could share out their findings. We could display favorite fabulous fanfares for all to see.

No comments: