Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thing #15 Social Bookmarking & Tagging w/Delicious

I’m so happy to find Delicious. I have a lot of bookmarks; the only reason I know how to find them is because they are organized in computer files and tagged in my mind. Many wonderful sites that I have bookmarked are forgotten. Delicious organizes my mountains of bookmarks and makes it very easy to find what I'm looking for and incidentally find what I need.

After this professional development, I’ll have some time to review all the websites that have been shared. It all looks fabulous! At the moment, I did a quick scan and I tagged sites I thought I might like – there’s no time at the moment for a thorough investigation of the websites to find out which will work best for me both personally and for students in the classroom. These websites - To be continued…

Super Teacher Tools has many different interactive web games that students can play. This site was important to me because I’m getting in-depth knowledge & training with A LOT of technology tools to use in the classroom. One thing I would like to know more about are the computer learning games that students can use. This website provides a beginning of learning in that arena.

Tools for Educators is a wonderful teacher tool to create relevant, hands-on, manipulatives to use in the classroom. For instance, you can create your own personalized bingo cards, dice, word searches, crossword puzzles, the list goes on & on. I know I’ll use this site, I frequently find myself creating things such as these from a blank page.

Stay tuned for Thing #14. It's a work in progress using MixBook,


myspace layoutsGlitter Text Maker








No comments: