Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thing #13 Online Image Generators


1) I found the glitter text at Satisfaction.com and clip art at Webfetti. I loved experimenting with all the different texts, fonts, glitters, & backgrounds, so I had to put it in my blog. I’m not sure if there’s much related to TEKS for students. I’d probably teach this to students who finish their work early to add pizzazz to their technology displays.

2) With the Mosaic Maker in The Big Huge Labs, I used Flickr photos to create the mosaic of endangered species. This could be a collaborative effort with students working in groups to create mosaics of any relevant topic. I think that I could use this in any of the content areas. It serves as visual representations of any subject or content area that we study.

3) I created trading cards of endangered species using Trading Cards in the Big Huge Labs. This example addresses TEKS (3.9) SCIENCE. Species have adaptations that help them survive & reproduce in their environment. Students could study animals and create cards with information they learn. Then, they could use the trading cards as a game to learn more information about each of the animals. It’s collaborative learning where students learn from the research and study of their classmates. This could also be used in any content area. I'm thinking for Math you could make cards of geometric shapes including number faces, vertices, and sides. In Social Studies it could be important people. In Reading, students could use these trading cards as a character study.

4) I will use Spell with Flickr with students as a Word study and spelling patterns.

I saw so much more that I can use and teach to students! My students will be techno whiz kids.

1 comment:

lwdlbrn said...

Somehow I knew you would have a "ball" with this Thing.